How to change your location on iPhone
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not affect our writing in any way.
Browsing the web does not always mean easy access to information. Sometimes a server can block you from accessing a website if it is outside your region. Additionally, you might want to enter sensitive information and make sure it won’t be exposed.
To ensure that these tasks run smoothly, you can change the location on your iPhone. Doing so is a relatively straightforward process, and it makes your online browsing experience safer. If you are wondering how to do this, you have come to the right place. This article explains how to change your location and GPS for iPhone users.
How to change your location on iPhone 10, 11, and 12
One of the safest ways to change your location on an iPhone is through virtual private network (VPN) services. There are many advantages to using a VPN. You can bypass internet censorship and access exclusive content blocked in your country. For example, a VPN can help you access your personal bank account when you are in another country.
Limited offer: 3 months FREE!
So how does it work? Basically, your iPhone’s VPN acts as a shield hiding your real IP address and assigns you a new one. So if you live in the US but fancy watching European TV channels on your iPhone, all you need to do is get a European IP address. This will “trick” local servers into believing you are in their area.
ExpressVPN is one of the most trusted and commonly used VPN software on the market. The first step to changing your location on your iPhone is to create an ExpressVPN account. The interface is relatively simple to follow, and you can choose from thousands of fast servers from 100 countries.
Here are the detailed steps to get you started:
Limited offer: 3 months FREE!
- Download ExpressVPN from the App Store.
- Open the app once downloaded.
- Press “Login” and enter your account details. If you don’t have an account, create one by pressing “New user?” “
- When asked if you want to save the password to your iCloud Keychain, make your choice and tap “Accept and continue.”
- Select “Continue” on the new screen and allow the app to add VPN configurations.
You are now ready to connect to a server and change the location of your iPhone. Here’s what the rest of the process looks like:
- Press the “Smart Location” button on the app screen. The app usually finds the optimal location to give you the fastest possible browsing speed. You can choose this one or choose another from the remaining locations. To select a new location, follow the next step.
- Select “All” to see a complete list of locations by continent.
- Choose the region of your choice and the app will automatically connect you to a VPN for that region.
That’s it! Now you know how to change the location on your iPhone 10, 11 and 12 using Express VPN. When you’re done browsing from a foreign location, just hit the big “Power” button to reset your IP address to your real IP address.
How to change your location on iPhone 7 and 8
Changing your location on iPhone 7 and 8 is a snap when using a VPN. Our recommended option is ExpressVPN. However, most VPN service providers use similar steps, so you can choose the one that best suits your needs.
Limited offer: 3 months FREE!
Follow the steps below to download a VPN on your iPhone and begin the change location process:
- Go to the App Store and download the VPN of your choice.
- Download the app and sign in or create a new account.
- Allow the app to make configurations on your phone.
- Press “Continue” to complete the configuration.
You are now ready to use your VPN provider’s services and change your location on iPhone 7 and 8. Follow the steps below if you have downloaded ExpressVPN:
- Open the ExpressVPN app and tap “Smart location.” This feature connects you to a VPN at optimum speed to make your browsing experience as fast as possible.
- If you want to choose another location, press “All”.
- You will now see a complete list of locations sorted by continents. Choose the one you want and the app will automatically connect you to a corresponding VPN in that region.
You have now changed positions on iPhone 7 and 8. Your digital fingerprint is now anonymous and allows you to bypass internet restrictions worldwide.
How to change your GPS position on the iPhone
If you want to “spoof” or change your GPS location on an iPhone, you will need to download desktop apps and connect them to your iPhone with a USB cable. One of the most popular programs is iTools, which is available as a free trial.
Follow the steps below to change your GPS on iPhone using iTools:
- Install the program on your PC or Mac and connect your iPhone to the computer.
- Open iTools, select “Home”, go to the home screen and tap “Virtual location”.
- Enter a fake address in the text box.
- Press “Go” once you have selected the location.
- You will see a position marker on the screen. Tap “Move here” to change your iPhone’s address to the desired location.
When using the third-party app to spoof your GPS location, make sure to match your IP address to a nearby location using ExpressVPN.
If you’re still not using ExpressVPN, follow the steps below:
- Download ExpressVPN from the App Store and create an account.
- Once you’ve let the app configure your Internet settings, tap “All.” This will give you a list of all the locations you can connect to.
- Choose the one that is closest to the GPS position you set with iTools.
How to change your location on iPhone without jailbreak
There are many ways to change the location of your iPhone without jailbreaking or modifying the manufacturer’s software on the device. The safest way to do this is to install a VPN service provider such as ExpressVPN. If you want to hide your internet activity or access geo-restricted websites, there is no better way to change your location than with this software.
Follow the steps below to change the location of your iPhone using a VPN:
- Download the ExpressVPN app from the App Store.
- Run the app and create a new account by tapping “New user?” ” button. If you already have an account, sign in.
- Press “Accept and continue”, then “Continue” and allow the application to configure your phone.
- Select “Smart Location” to connect to the fastest VPN depending on your location.
- Tap “All” to see a full list of locations by continent.
- Select the location of your choice by tapping on it and you will be automatically connected to it.
As you can see, changing the location of your iPhone doesn’t mean you have to jailbreak your phone. If you want to spoof your GPS location, you will need to download third-party apps like iTools and set your ExpressVPN address to match that of iTools.
Easily change your iPhone location
Changing your location on iPhone has many benefits. Not only is your online browsing more secure, but you also have access to geo-restricted content and can bypass most internet restrictions. Whether you want to access your Netflix account from abroad or enter sensitive information without risking exposure, now you can do it.
This article shares practical tips on how to fine tune your location using the reliable VPN service provider called ExpressVPN. If you have any questions on how to change your location on iPhone, drop us a line in the comments section below.