Useful Mac apps to check out – August 2021
Apps made for the Mac often don’t get as much attention as apps made for iPhones and iPads, so we’ve got a series of videos that highlight useful Mac apps worth checking out. Our August Picks feature apps for drawing with the trackpad, managing music, keeping track of passwords, and more.
- SigmaOS ($ 10 / month) – SigmaOS is a browser for those who do a lot of their work on the web. It allows websites and web applications to be organized into different workspaces or projects, and it supports multitasking with two active pages at a time. Workspaces you don’t need can be suspended temporarily, and for those who collaborate often, you can send pages directly to another user’s browser. The SigmaOS trial is free, but costs $ 10 per month for unlimited workspaces, pages, actions, and cross-device syncing.
- MiniKey ($ 1.99) – MiniKey is a lightweight one-time password Mac app designed as an alternative to apps like Authy or Google Authenticator. It resides in the Mac’s menu bar and can be used to store all of your two-factor authentication codes. You can click to copy or drag and drop from the drop-down menu where your authentication codes are stored.
- Magic drawing app (Free) – Magic is designed to let you create drawings with your Mac’s trackpad. It has pressure sensitivity when used with a MacBook’s Force Touch trackpad, and there are customizable brushes to choose from.
- Handle ($ 5) – Sleeve is a desktop music player that works with Apple Music, Spotify, and Doppler. It’s deeply customizable and lets you create a small desktop music widget that lets you know what’s playing, provides album art, and offers playback controls. You can decide how much information you want to see and where you want it.
- Slapdash (Free) – Slapdash consolidates the capabilities of all your apps into one easy access point that can be reached with a single keyboard command (command + J). Just open Slapdash and search for whatever you want if it’s not already in the quick access list. Slapdash is customizable and there are team features for business. Slapdash is free for limited use, but unlocking all features requires a $ 12 / month subscription.
Do you know of a must have Mac app or game that we haven’t highlighted yet? Let us know in the comments below and we may feature it in a future video. Many of our Mac apps we share are recommended by MacRumors readers. For more of our choices of Mac apps, view our Mac application archives.
Article link: Useful Mac apps to check out – August 2021